If today was your last day alive, would you die fulfilled?
The fear of making a mistake can stop us from living a dream. We allow that fear to stop us.
Do you wake up fresh, revitalized grateful to be alive? Life shouldn’t be the zombie apocalypse. Live damn it, don’t just exist.
Here are five things you can do now to start living life to the fullest:
1. Live with a sense of purpose. Live intentionally. Do not concern yourself or drown your thoughts with other people’s opinions. One of the most common regrets the dying have is that they did not lead the life they wanted or worse they lived someone else’s life. They allowed others to dictate their choices and actions.
All too often we live each day with no sense of purpose and walk around aimlessly just going through the motions of life. But, bit by bit time is passing and you are slowly getting closer to your death. You must wake up and start taking action towards the things you want in life right now. Not tomorrow, not next week but right now.
Trying to impress people is a waste of time. The truth is at the end of the day, one of which will be your last, everyone is concerned with their own lives too much to worry about yours. Think about it. How much time do you spend thinking about other people’s lives? Right around zero.
I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.. – Leo Rosten
Live your life to the fullest. Everything else is bullshit.
Hold being content in contempt. I’m talking utter distaste for letting life slide by. If you know what your worth then go out and get what your worth!
Make a conscious choice each and everyday to something you’re afraid of. Do something that scares you. Make a bold decision right now and go do it. Your dreams are on the other side of your fears. In other words, your life will be a lot better once you stop being such a wussy.
No one ever wrote a song about how awesome it is to be a coward. Be a superhero and kick some ass. The life your saving is yours.
Remember you are the movie star of your life. Is your life something worth watching? Would you pay $12 to watch your life on a screen?
If not, then right now, make a list of five things you want but were afraid to try. Commit to doing them over the next 30 days. Your life is worth a month of your time.
1. Build a business you are passionate about
2. Get into phenomenal shape
3. Find the woman of your dreams
4. Travel to another city or state
5. Spend more time with friends and family
Come back. Check in. Then do another 30 days. Get more done in the second month than you did in the first. This is where the rubber hits the road. If you write down your goals and work every day towards them you are now living a purposeful life. You are living on the edge and waking up every day with the burning desire to crush the day.
2. Working too hard. We weren’t meant to squander our lives working to the point where we neglect who we care about. Our family, friends, girlfriend or even wife and children, and in some cases missing the opportunities to create those connections, are all too valuable. In fact, they are priceless.
We all have to pay our bills, but remember why you are working to pay them in the first place. What good is putting a roof over child’s head if he doesn’t recognize your face? You can work so hard that you miss out on the opportunities to enjoy your relationships with your girlfriend or wife. Just remember who is going to be there when you are on your death bed? You’re clients or the people who love you?
Be fully present. When you are with your girlfriend, listen. Be present, be a man of action. Live in the NOW DAMNIT! Or when you are home with your wife and kids, be home with your wife and kids. You can think about work again when it is the right time to do it: at work. Be with them now!
Think of some of the reasons why you can’t do what you want. Then, realize them for what they are: excuses. Excuses blow. Their the source of your (sooner than you think) dying bed regret.
“Your greatest self has been waiting your whole life; don’t make it wait any longer.” – Steve Maraboli
Work is the means to get what we want, not an excuse to sacrifice our dreams and spending time with those we love.
Eliminate excuses to why you cannot do what you want.
Think of any excuse that has held you back and get angry at it. Get freaking hot steaming pissed! Angry enough to not let it get in the way anymore. That excuse is your past and has absolutely zero rights to infringe on your future. Live in the now to create a better tomorrow.
3. Get shit off your chest. Holding a grudge is like giving someone free rent inside your head. Kick ‘em out and free yourself from this misery!
Bob Proctor looks at disease by hyphenating the word: dis-ease. Whatever the grudge, whatever you are angry about, I promise you it is not worth the cost. Speak up and address it if the other person matters to you. Have the balls to work it out.
“Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid.”- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
If the other person doesn’t matter to you, take the even bigger step and drop it. Let it go. Drop them. Let them go.
You can be all zen like and let out a nice long om, or you can do the Jay-Z and brush that shit off your shoulder. Same thing really. But the point is, you are MOVING ON!
Identify and make a list of the grudges you have in your life. Even the relationships where you were the one who f’d up. Then write a message to them and say that you are letting it go. You are not doing it for them but for yourself. The message might confuse them at first but whatever happens you will be a lighter freer person for it. Set yourself free by simply letting go.
4. Stay in touch with the people who matter. People wish they kept up friendships but waited too long.Rekindle lost friendships. It is almost scary to think of how easy it is to reconnect with people and find them on Facebook or other websites. That person is waiting for you to reconnect, even if they don’t know it.
“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” – John Lennon
The friends you have and find on Facebook; do more than liking their comments. Pick up the phone. Talk. Listen. Reclaim human connection. The sound of their voice, a laugh that’s real will happen. Texting is asinine; it’s for douchebags who are afraid to connect. Nobody wants to be a douchebag. Call. Meet them and hug them when you see them. Talk to them, listen to them and help them. Be a good friend not a robot.
Who is that person that is waiting for you to make that call? You know the person and you know it would make their day. Is it your father, grandma or an old friend from college. Stop reading this article right now and pick up the phone and give them a call. Number 5 will be waiting for you when you get back.
5. Choose happiness. Happiness is a choice. It’s something you can decide to be. You do not have to wait until you graduate college, get the job or the amazing girlfriend. And don’t think that money will make you happy. You have a choice to make today. Are you going to smile when you leave the house or are you going to dread going to work. Are you going to say “hi” to people as you walk by them or are you going to frown and be upset about things for no apparent reason. WAKE UP! You only live once so you minus well choose to be a happy man and live life to the fullest.
Did you know happiness is a choice? Too often in our lives we feel like we are on automatic pilot. We react instead of acting.
Slow down. Breathe. Assuming you’re not in combat you probably don’t need to react so fast. Give yourself a moment there hero.
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Start incorporating this process into your thoughts:
Stop. Eliminate the clutter and nonsense in your mind. You will discover a great truth: As bad as you may have thought it was, you are in fact still here.
Evaluate. Look at the situation and determine which action would be your best action.
Decide. Decide what you want to do.
Act. Put your choice into motion.
In every single moment, you have the ability to stop, evaluate, decide on happiness and act to make it happen. Happiness is just one choice. How often do you choose to be silly? To laugh? To play?
Choose them. Before you talk to your mother in law tell yourself you are going to choose to be loving. Before you have a staff meeting tell yourself you are going to empower your team. You will notice results immediately.
*Bonus tip for living better
Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke of the great urgency of NOW.
Knowing our time is limited demands that we assassinate our apathy and resignation. Man up. Live a life worthy of your gifts. Call yourself out. Call out bullshit when you know you are making the weak ass choice and choose something bolder.
Fear is normal, courage is doing it anyway. Have the tenacity to go out kicking and screaming with the trail blaze marks to prove it. Your life is worth it.
“I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING. IF YOU DID PLEASE LIKE, FOLLOW AND COMMENT DOWN BELOW.” 🙂
- Imagine Yourself Happy
- 14 Things We Need To Stop Doing If We Want To Live A Better Life
- Five Tips for Breaking Your Tech Habit
- Words Can Change Your Brain
- How to Live What You Believe
- When Worrying Takes Over
- 15 Simple Ways to Spread Happiness and Kindness Around You
- How to meditate in ten minutes
- Mindful Living
- Interesting Psychological Facts That Explain Why We Are The Way We Are
- 6 Signs You’re a Productivity Addict
- MEDITATION FOR BEGINNERS – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR BUILDING A MEDITATION HABIT
- 10 Things You Can Do Today to Attract Positive Energy
- 10 Signs That You’re Fully Awake
- Meditation Helps You Change Habits
- Why Vegetarian Diet is Important for Spirituality and Meditation?
- Opening the Third Eye: Powerful Ancient Practices for Activating the Pineal Gland and Expanding Consciousness
- Third Eye Meditation : Positive Results Or Benefits of Opening Third Eye
- Third Eye Meditation Negative Results Or Side Effects After Finishing the Third eye Opening Exercise